Just under a year ago, before the craze of online quizzes, constant status updates, and fortune telling applications, the loyal members of Facebook shared 25 interesting facts about themselves. This seems like one of the most sincere ways for people to socialize and get to know each other, instead of a generic quiz written for pure entertainment. It look me nearly a month to come up with my facts.
Here is a little peek into my “vita”.
I have always had a passion for telecommunications
1. When I was little, I would always get sick. My mom would “bribe” me with candy not to attend school.
2. I can easily drink a gallon of water every single day.
3. I am very good in remembering dates and random facts. Tell me your birthday, (unless I already know) and I will remember it for the rest of my life.
4. I actually stood in line for 4 hours on July 11th, 2008, the first release day of the 3G iPhone, just to see what kind of people have nothing else better to do. I do have to admit it was an entertaining wait and i got my iPhone :)
5. I don’t like rice. Well, only in Sushi. I can only imagine what is going through your head right now…
6. I have American relatives who have been living in the states for the past 60 years and don’t speak a word of Russian. It has been a pure miracle that we have found each other.
7. I can crack almost every major bone in my body
8. I have edited/shot, and acted in a documentary film about my immigration which has been shown all over the world. I give presentations about it to this day.
9. “Spicy” should me be my middle name. I am always up for something spicy with great flavor
10. I own more books than articles of clothing. Still can’t determine if it is a good or bad thing
11. I learned English by watching the Rugrats. How many of you remember that cartoon?
12. I can’t shop for more than 2 hours. I get extremely tired, dizzy and not to mention whinny (one of my few rare moments). Trust me; you don’t want to be next to me once the 1:59 mark has been hit.
13. My mom used to be a famous column writer and poetess for several popular papers back in Ukraine
14. I find that I am allergic to new things every day. These allergies come in all varieties, shapes, and sizes. Consider yourself warned: you can be next.
15. I completed two majors and a minor in college in 4 years. All because I was interested in almost everything so it was extremely hard to narrow it down. However, my senior thesis still remains as my biggest accomplishment.
16. My second bed is a movie theater. I have fallen asleep during 75.6% of the movies. Don’t get me wrong, I still enjoy them.
17. I started my own business selling special pens in 3rd grade. It got very popular and was very successful. Unfortunately, the dean of the school forced me to close it. Deep inside, I still think she wanted one of those special pens for free.
18. By the time I was out of middle school, I have finished writing two screen plays and a couple of chapters of a novel which is still in process of being finished and published.
19. I can get high (in my own definition) from the smell of early morning, the ocean, and the rain. In general, I adore nature traveling and exploring but don’t to take advantage of it that often.
20. Because of the insane amount of copying we had to do in 2nd grade, in order to develop our penmanship, I taught myself to write with both hands. This talent exists till this very day.
21. Maybe it is the inner child in me but I love board, card, and other games made for a group of people. Nothing is better than being with your friends laughing, exploring, and having fun-all together.
22. At 7, I made a bargain with God. Needless to say, the results were “interesting.”
23. I love coming up with new inventions to make life funer and easier. However, it turns out most of my creations already exist, even though I have never seen one. The day and I still young…
24. I don’t get offended that easily. Try me and you’ll see…
25. Growing up, I used to have a cat who had the same name as my next door neighbor. You can only imagine all drama that followed that, chances are you are right. Needless to say, my poor kitty committed suicide.
26. At 5, I finally started rolling my “Rs” by pronouncing a Russian swear word. Trust me, I had a blast practicing my new skill on the street while holding my grandparents’ hand. Great memories :)
Read Full Post »